Apr 15, 2018

Tech Tip: Canvas Dashboard

Honestly, I have to say I like Canvas over the old D2L. I know I am not exactly in the majority for this, but it is so easy to use. The dashboard makes everything so convenient, with everything in the same place. At the start of every semester, I change the colors on my classes so they are all a variant of the same color. For example, this semester, I have it is varying shades of grey, and last semester, I had it in varying shades of blue. I do this so it looks nice but each class is still separate from each other. I don't know if people realize they can even change the color overlays or remove them on the dashboard. If you use the Canvas app, the dashboard will even show you the current grade you have in every class. I really appreciate this because my grades have me stressed all the time, so I like to be on top of them. Finally, you don't even need to have all your classes on your dashboard. Only care about one? Hide the others. I would never do that though, my anxiety forbids it. Or even change it so it just shows recent activity. Honestly, it is pretty versatile.

No comments:

Post a Comment