Jan 21, 2018

1003 Assignments

Classroom from Pexels

I have never taken a class with such a unique course structure. What makes it so unique in my eyes is the level of independence expected of us here. Personally, I am a bit of a procrastinator so I hope to take this type of course and use it to help me be more proactive in my studies. Clearly, I am still procrastinating by making this post the evening it is due... I need more practice.

Probably the best thing about the structure of this class is that we only need a certain number of points to finish and there are many opportunities to get extra points. That is really encouraging! The extra work is not labor intensive and includes things I would be interested in doing on my own. For example, I would be interested in commenting extra on people's posts either way, but getting points for it is icing on the cake. I wouldn't say I am social, but talking to people online is much easier than in person.

Ultimately, this is an online class so the fact that it has such a unique structure is not surprising, but it is much more involved than any other online class I have taken. I feel like this is a class I can really learn in. I can't just breeze through the assignments like I would in some other class with just multiple choice quizzes every week. I already have an interest in mythology, so I'm glad this course will hold my weak attention span.

1 comment:

  1. I certainly agree that this class is well-structured for the topic matter… it allows for exploration of the parts of the course that we find interesting, while allowing us to work less on tasks that don’t interest us. I think Laura is incredibly intentional about following a growth-mindset model, which works for the course. The class, while labor-intensive, is more introspective than difficult, which I appreciate.

    ReplyDelete