Jan 23, 2018

Drowning in the Reading Options

I think I need to preface this post by letting the audience know I am indecisive and take ages to settle on what I want or like. The fact that there were literally trillions of different ways I could go with this assignment did not help with my indecisiveness.


Celtic Symbol by Hans

With that being said, I have bookmarked at least 15 units I am interested in exploring. For the sake of this assignment, I will only share a few of them (or else we would be here all day). As I have shared in a previous post, I am interested in Celtic mythology. I was happy to see that there are two different units on Celtic fairy tales! I clearly can't decide which would be best, so I am just going to say I choose both! Watch out though, this is going to be a trend. I've been to Ireland and England, which inspired my interest in Celtic things.

Sort of following the theme of Celtic mythology (regionally speaking), I next went with English fairy tales. This summer I will be going on a study abroad program with the psychology department to Scotland, and I saw that this unit contains some tales from the Lowlands of Scotland. Of course, I am going to consider this unit! And guess what --there are two units on English fairy tales. They are now officially one unit in my heart, joined in holy marriage by the power invested in me by myself (I never said this was a legal marriage).

Now to totally deviate from where I was going with this post, the next unit(s) I am considering is(are) on Japan! Okay, so Japan has like... a million units... or maybe it was just 4... but guess what! I am going to pretend they are one, as I have been doing, for the sake of this post. High-key, I am a bit of a nerd and threw myself into Japanese culture when I was around 13 to 15. I wouldn't mind adding Japanese mythology to my repertoire of (probably misinformed) Japanese knowledge.

In the end, there are a lot more units I am interested in exploring. I will probably read more stories from the units than I will ever need to for this class.


No comments:

Post a Comment