Jan 21, 2018

Time Strategies

Before classes began, I thought I would spread my work out over Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Now that the semester has started, I have realized that Tuesday and Thursday are not really ideal days for me. I think from here on, I am going to focus my homework schedule on Sunday, Monday, and Wednesday. These days I work, but I work in a library and often have hours of uninterrupted time where I can easily do homework.

Do it! from Wikimedia

I have mentioned before that I am a procrastinator. I really am just so bad at managing my time. I think it might be hard to stick to the schedule I have set myself, but I am going to try my best. I am going to take a look at the strategies for managing my time better so that I can tackle my procrastinating problem.

The article that caught my attention was the first article provided: The Important Habit of Just Starting by Jory Mackay. The title just screams "This is for you, you procrastinator!" This article pointed out that when I put things off, I ultimately hurt myself, and here I am, putting things off. It hit so close to home! I can't seem to see the pain I am going to cause myself in the future. Apparently, when I am putting off the pain of doing my assignments, I am just causing myself more grief. I believe that. The main component of the strategy introduced in this article is to gradually force myself to do assignments earlier and earlier while rewarding myself. I think I can handle that.

Looking at a couple of these articles has been quite insightful. I can't promise I will be super great at managing my time right away, but I do want to get more on top of things. Like right now, I am feeling the pressure to get this post posted before midnight! Why do I do this to myself?? Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment