Mar 6, 2018

Week 8 Reading and Writing

Giants Causeway by Amanda Slater
I chose this image because this was my favorite 
place and inspired the topic of my project.

Overall, the assignments so far have been working well for me. The only thing for me is that I am a procrastinator and have been guilty of skipping a few assignments. That is more of a "me" problem than an assignment problem though. 

The readings are interesting and writing the stories isn't too complicated. I am actually pretty proud of my reading notes when I write them, but I don't really look at them later when I go to write my story. The one note-taking strategy that I have grown fond of is to focus on one character in each story. This has helped me figure out how to build characters better in my own stories. I kind of wish I didn't have to read stories from specific units, but I have been exposed to great stories because of the unit requirements, so I have grown to be okay with this.

I have been pretty excited to work on my storybook so far. I am happy with my topic. The only thing is that I am not super confident on my idea of telling it from a spectator's perspective. I think I may need to change things just slightly so it is more interesting to read. I am fond of the giants though.

My biggest accomplishment while in this class so far has been my project. While it isn't finished, it is the piece of homework that I am most excited to work on. Also the feedback I get back on it makes me excited to work on it.

For the future, I just need to work on my own motivation. There isn't really anything I would change about this course.

No comments:

Post a Comment