Mar 7, 2018

Week 8 Comments and Feedback

21 Components of Effective Feedback 

I chose this image because I felt like it was something that
I needed for my own feedback. I struggle to give feedback,
so hopefully, this will give me a better framework.

So far, I have liked the comments and feedback I have been getting from my peers. I especially appreciate the comments I have gotten on my comment wall for my project. Someone mentioned adding dialogue to my story, for example, which was something I had neglected to even think about. I really appreciated that comment in particular! I also like how random the commenting is, because I get comments from new people all the time.

Personally, my feedback for other people could probably improve. I always talk about the good things on people's post, but I don't really know how constructive these comments are for them. I rarely suggest anything purely because I am scared that I am going to offend them or something. Sometimes I can overcome that fear, but for the most part, giving constructive critisicim is hard. On the other hand, the stories that I read and really really like are super inspiring. So while maybe my feedback isn't that great, I get exposed to some awesome work.

I think in order for my feedback to be better, I need to read more stories that I actually want to read. Reading random stories makes it much harder for me to get into the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment